Thursday, May 23, 2013

Playing Ball


Look at this stud! He looks like a real baseball player!

We've been busy the last couple months with evening soccer and baseball games. I've loved it! Nothing makes me happier than watching my kids play sports. I try really hard to be like the other moms and keep quiet, but I've got too much of my dad in me for that. I'm that loud mom that likes to cheer and shout pointers out throughout the game. Zach's a good sport and mostly ignores me.

Zach's a great little baseball player and has enjoyed playing Coach Pitch this season. His favorite position to play is pitcher because he gets the ball so often. He is good at that position because he is always aware of where the ball should be thrown. When he makes a good play, he always looks for me on the sidelines and either gives me a nod of the head or a thumbs up.

Zach surprised me this season with how fast he is. In Tee Ball, he would jog to the bases because nobody gets out in Tee Ball and he didn't want to waste the energy - smart kid. But in Coach Pitch, he sprints to the bases.

This last picture cracks me up. I was taking pictures and yelled to him, "Act like your ready to play baseball!" This is the pose that he gave me.