Saturday, June 19, 2010


Go get a glass of ice water.

No really... go get one... trust me it will be worth it.

Add a couple more ice cubes to your glass. In fact, fill the entire glass with ice cubes and then fill the remaining space with water. Wait 10 minutes. Stick your finger in and keep it in.

Now, imagine immersing your entire body in that glass of ice water. Are you imagining?

That my friends was the temperature of Bear Lake this past weekend. I screamed like a 10-year-old little girl when I jumped in, Brandon couldn't even form a coherent sentence, and my sister just held open her mouth and hyperventilated. Good times.

We were the only people stupid enough to boat when the lake was so cold, so we got in some good wakeboarding/skiing on glassy water.

Bear Lake is a magical place to me. Some of my favorite family memories have happened at Bear Lake. I love being able to share that with my kids. They love Bear Lake as much as I do.

Two more weeks, Bear Lake, and we'll be coming back. You better be ready (and a lot warmer)!