Monday, January 12, 2009

without words

Brandon's heading to the Jazz game tonight after work. That means I have Zachie all to myself, all day. So I was pleased when Zach didn't wake up from his afternoon nap until 4. I was a bit perplexed, however, when he woke up less than happy. After all, he had slept for 2 1/2 hours, hadn't he? Finding myself curious, I walked into his room to find this:

Zach had pulled out everything in his church bag. He'd found pictures to look at, pencils to color with, books to read, cars to play with (notice the pile of 15 or so cars on his bed). He must have been in heaven "taking a nap". Who knows how long he actually slept with all this stuff to play with and his mom being clueless in the adjacent room!?!

The icing on the cake came when I discovered these strewn around his room:

Zach had found my gum (also in the church bag) and ate all of what remained in the package (6 or so pieces). He better hope superstition proves to be false and that lump of gum doesn't stay in his belly for the following 7 years. He's a poor eater as it is. I don't need any of his stomach room taken up by a pilfered lump of mommy's gum.