Wednesday, January 7, 2009

who invented running?

Zach is a ball full of energy. One of his new favorite games is to run around the house with Brandon or I (or both) following him. This is great except that I am fat and have a baby that sits on my bladder and Brandon would usually rather sit than run (who can blame him?!?).

At the beginning of this game, Brandon thought he could run longer than Zach, but even after 12 minutes of straight running, Zach was not tiring. We still do not know how long he can last. I'm usually hyperventilating on the floor after 3 minutes and Brandon has the patience (and perhaps physical endurance :D ) to make it until 10. Zach continues to get faster and faster. Zach has added new tricks now to this running game: hopping, walking backwards, and rolling on the ground (I usually don't get back up).

As a sidenote: The pregnancy is going well. I am 24 weeks along and am feeling good. The baby is sitting really low, however, making it uncomfortable to bend over. Zach and I were at Walmart this morning and his new Thomas the Train underoos kept "falling" out of the cart with the help of a certain 2-year-old. I tried to explain to Zach that I'm fat and that it squishes everything when I lean over so if he'd stop aiding the "falling", it would be helpful, but he didn't seem to get it.