Saturday, May 10, 2008

recipe for cordon bleu

I have to give Kraft its props. The Chicken Cordon Bleu in their last magazine was wonderful. I'll post it here for people to try. My only suggestion would be to use reduced-sodium ingredients when possible.


Prep: 10 min. Total: 40 min

1 pkg (6 oz) Stuffing Mix for Chicken
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1.5 lbs)
6 slices of thinly sliced ham
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 tbsp grey poupon dijon mustard (I used whatever mustard I had in the fridge and it was fine)
6 slices of swiss cheese (or shredded cheese)

Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package; set aside.

Place chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with ham. Mix soup and mustard; spoon over chicken. Top with prepared stuffing.

Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Top with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Makes 6 servings.

YUM! YUM!