Wednesday, May 7, 2008

food storage

I have never really done the food storage thing. I have some oats and lots of green beans, but my disaster plan has always been to drive to my parents' house (or bike, depending on if we have gas or not) and live off their food storage. Mom? Dad? That okay with you?

However, I just finished the fourth book in the Great and Terrible series by Chris Stewart and I have a new found motivation (besides the fact that prophets, for ages, have told us) to have food stored for an emergency.

In fact, last night for Enrichment, I created safe heat sources that would keep the fam warm for 6 to 8 hours in case of an emergency. I would tell you the secret ingredients for making them, but some of you might be lucky enough to get some for Christmas. :) I am hoping there is not a disaster before then that you'll need them for. If all else fails, head to my parents' house.

p.s. The Great and Terrible series was a super good read. It is LDS fiction. The first book in the series reminded me of Harry Potter (not what I was expected so I didn't like), but the books have exponentially gotten better as they go along. In fact, the fifth book of the series just came out.