Friday, June 19, 2009

walmart attire

When Zach, Halle, and I go out on the town to run errands, Zach typically has a list of items he requests to bring with him. Sometimes it's a rubber snake. Sometimes it's mismatched shoes. Sometimes it's a ball. Today it was his sunglasses, a sweatband, a green paperclip, and an empty wrapping paper tube. It's fine with me. He is always dressed (though he has requested otherwise) and so I figure go ahead, express yourself.

So... armed with his sunglasses, sweatband, and green paperclip (I made him leave the paper tube in the car), we headed into Walmart. People couldn't help smiling and laughing when they saw Zach. At first, I didn't get why they were laughing - I am used to my creative kid - but when I stepped back and looked at him, he did look pretty cute (and funny). These are priceless photos he will be super embarassed about when he's older.

What do you think?


Also, unfortunately, Zach lost his green paperclip in Walmart, so if you see it, Zach would be thrilled to get it back. He was quite distraught when we returned home without his prized possession and a plain silver one just couldn't replace it.