
my favorite machine in the world - the Bissell Little Green. I affectionately call it the Green Machine.
Today I had to borrow it again.
We have been potty training Zach. It has been going quite well. He even got a Spiderman scooter for going poop in the toilet. Just as a teaser for the rest of this post, let me just say this - his scooter is getting put on the shelf for a little while.
The story:
I was upstairs feeding Halle when Zach called from downstairs.
Zach: Mom, I need your help.
Me: Honey, I can't. I'm feeding Halle.
Zach: Mom, I pooped in my Incredibles (his underwear). I need help.
Me: I'm feeding Halle. Come upstairs and I'll help you.
Zach walks upstairs with his legs spread apart. He points to the poop running down his legs. *jaw drop*
As I am cleaning him up in the tub, I begin to think: If this is all down his legs and he walked upstairs *gasp*... my carpet!
After finishing feeding Halle and banning Zach to his room to play cars, I inspect my stairs. All the way up the stairs is a trail - kind of like Hansel and Gretel left - except Zach didn't use bread. This is partly my fault, as I made him walk up the stairs even knowing the problem. Then at the bottom, he also left me a nice gift.
Patience, I think.
Zach explains: I pooped on your carpet. He understands. It's not the carpet, it is my carpet.
Then, the icing on the cake: when I go back downstairs after cleaning dirty underwear (I didn't throw it away this time, Mom), Zach has sprayed the walls, doors, and his toys with Resolve.
It was definitely naptime.
NOTE: The Green Machine did clean it up. Feel free to use my stairs without worries.