Thursday, October 9, 2008

man in the pantry

A quick math question for you... what do you get when you take a broken pantry door handle, and add an eager spouse and a drill? Read to find out.
*
It's around 5:00 yesterday and I'm getting ready to make a gourmet dinner (chili) for my spouse. I go to my pantry to grab our dinner in a can and the pantry door won't open. I wiggle and jiggle the handle, but it feels like it's locked. I can't get in my pantry. I wait for Brandon to get home and he quickly grabs a screwdriver and drill and gets to work. After fifteen minutes, I give up on chili. If the man in the pantry who won't let us in wants my chili so bad, he can have it.
*
Ten minutes later, I have submitted to the fact that Brandon might have to take a saw to the door. I'm fine with that. I'm going to need my cereal tomorrow morning. However, like the handyman genius that he is, Brandon drills out the screws (ruining the handle in the process) and opens our door. A few minutes later, Brandon sits proudly down at the table with a huge grin on his face, eating his gourmet dinner of chili. We'll get a new handle tomorrow...