Friday, January 3, 2014

chutzpah


My Halle has chutzpah - that word just encompasses her to a tee.

Last week, we were at a trampoline park called Get Air. Brandon and I were jumping with the kids, attempting tricks from a trampoline into a foam pit that we'd done in our younger years. Brandon went first - jump, jump, spin around, backflip into the foam. Halle didn't miss a beat - jump, jump, spin around, flip backwards and land on her head. The girl attempted a backflip, never having tried it previously. Even though she was in tears, knowing her, I knew we had to have a talk. She would try again if she had the chance.

Me: Halle, you can't try to do backflips anymore. You'll get hurt.
Halle: But I can do backflips.
Me: No. You can't.
Halle: I can. I just did one.

We argued back and forth. Finally we settled on - You can do backflips (she wouldn't budge on this matter so I had to lie), but you shouldn't do them. If you do, we'll have to go to the hospital.

Luckily, our heart-to-heart seemed to work. She didn't attempt a backflip again. However, she did try her hand at a dodge ball tournament, full of preteen boys.

Chutzpah - that's my girl.