Monday, August 19, 2013

Halle is at the that age where she just says funny things. I wish I could record some of the conversations we have. She jumps from topic to topic and will talk and talk without any type of response.

Here are some funny things she's said lately:

While Halle was saying the prayer for dinner…
Halle: [Speaking to Mom] Close your eyes or I won’t bless you!
------------------------------------

Driving home from grocery shopping…
Halle: Where in the heck is Jesus?
------------------------------------

While at dinner...
Halle: Girls are pretty. Boys are handsome. Wait, wait, wait.... Girls are pretty. Boys are awesome!
------------------------------------

Driving home from swimming lessons...
Halle: Mom, do you have hair on your neck? [Takes a second look.] Yeah... I'm pretty sure I see hair on your back.
------------------------------------

Halle: I sing country. I sing it in the tub and I sing it while I'm going to the bathroom.
------------------------------------

Last night Halle was singing for Eve and Savannah. She picked "I Am a Child of God". She sang her sweet, little off-tune version like this…

I am a child of God
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind of dear.

Did you catch the lyric change? Instead of Halle’s parents being “kind and dear”, hers are “kind of dear”.  It made me laugh until I cried.