What's that saying... a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?! I've got a new one for you - a rock in the knee is just plain cruddy! My saying doesn't have the same ring to it, but it's still just as true.
Yesterday as Halle played tag at the neighbors' house, she tripped and fell on their flagstone path, her knee hitting a rock on the way down. She wailed. A different neighbor heard her screaming and carried her up to the house, as I trailed carrying Ari. I saw all the blood and thought it probably looked worse than it was. Wrong. Blood = Big gaping hole in her knee.
Brandon and I, being incredibly prepared for disaster, put gauze on the wound and then wrapped it with a clean towel, securing it with masking tape - very MacGyver-ish if you ask me. Brandon rushed Halle to Instacare where the doctor put in two sets of sutures - one in her lower layers of skin and one in the upper layer of skin. The rock had pierced through all skin layers and you could see her femur.
Halle was a rock star through the entire ordeal and didn't cry at all while the doctor stitched her up. In fact, she curiously watched the whole thing. Future doctor?!?
So it's no swimming for us until August and lots and lots of movies.
6 days ago