Thursday, March 7, 2013

lists

Zach’s school requires that each child’s parents log 30 hours of volunteer work every year at the school. This forces me to volunteer when, honestly, I probably wouldn’t. However, I love it. I love watching Zach interact with his friends. I get to watch him learn. I get to know his teachers. I get to hear straight from their mouths how Zach is doing. I get to see what and how he is learning. I get to see how the classroom is run. But my favorite thing about volunteering is I get to hear stories about Zach.

I talked with Miss Sammy today and she said Zach’s reading group is learning about lists. Miss Sammy explained to the group that she makes lists every day so that she doesn’t forget the things she needs to do. Zach piped in, “My mom forgets everything. She definitely doesn’t use a list!” I laughed and laughed. He is so right. Just yesterday he had swimming lessons and I forgot to bring a towel for him. Who does that? Apparently, me. I guess I need to start making lists.

Here is Zach's list for getting ready to go to the moon:
 

I love that he takes a detour to Mars to kill alins (aliens) and then flies to the moon like he's supposed to.