Friday, February 15, 2013

be my valentine

At the beginning of February, the kids decorated "mailboxes" to which secret love notes could be delivered. Usually, these ideas that I find flop but Zach and Halle really loved writing and receiving love notes.

Zach would finish up his shower at night so he'd have time to write Halle a note before she got out of the bath. One night, Zach delivered Oreos to my room as my love note. Halle drew pictures and wrote notes to Zach while he was at school, and then made sure he checked his mailbox right when he got home. I loved watching my kids write love notes. I also loved taking the time to write down the things I love about my kids.

Some notes to Zach:
  • My favorite thing about you is... your laugh. Everyone smiles when you laugh hard. (Love, Dad)
  • The thing I most admire about you is... your ability to see the good everywhere and in everyone. (Love, Mom)

Some notes to Halle:
  • My favorite memory of you is... when we went on our date and saw Brave. I love spending time with you! (Love, Dad)
  • One of your best attributes is... that you're so compassionate. You always think of others first. (Love, Mom)
  • I think you're funny when you... be crase (Love, Zach)

One night when Brandon had to work late, the kids and I made a love banner for him. I let the kids write what they wanted and I loved how it turned out.

 

 

In case you can't make out some of the writing:
  • I like you because you play wii (from Zach)
  • He's fun (from Halle)
  • You find me (from Zach)
  • You let me suck on your head (from Ari)
  • I {heart} dad because he plays with me (from Halle)

It's been my favorite Valentine month because of all the love going around... and the Oreos didn't hurt either!