Sunday, December 18, 2011

no dress

Yesterday we had breakfast with Santa. We went with some friends and the kids had a great time.

They decorated Christmas cookies:
Wrote letters to Santa:
Got their arm/face painted:
And got to talk with Santa:
Obviously, talking with Santa was the highlight of the day. Santa was so cute. Santa loved that Zach also had on a Santa hat. He took Zach's Santa letter and read it, telling Zach those were fun things to ask for. Zach was shy, but you could tell he just loved the experience.

Halle didn't want to sit on Santa's lap, but she did throw her Santa letter at him. It contained scribbles that I'm sure Santa understood. She had asked that he bring her a Rapunzel dress for Christmas.

The kids then got to choose a stuffed animal from Santa's toy bag and a candy cane from his elf. After we left, Halle started to cry. I was a bit perplexed until I deciphered what he was upset about. Halle was crying and saying, "Santa didn't give me a Rapunzel dress!" Apparently, Halle's mother didn't explain real well how Santa works. Halle thought asking Santa for a Rapunzel dress while in his presence would yield a Rapunzel dress immediately. In fact, after seeing the pictures from yesterday, Halle said, "I gave Santa my letter, but he didn't love me." oops... so I explained how Santa works and she okay with it. And unlike the other things she's asked Santa for (i.e. moose, kitty), Santa's got that Rapunzel dress covered... it just won't be delivered until Christmas.