Tuesday, September 20, 2011

5!


For the past couple weeks, I have been trying to convince Zach to stay 4. Honestly, it made me a little teary-eyed to think of Zach growing up. It didn't work. Zach was as excited as ever to turn 5. In fact, now that his birthday has passed, Zach is already counting down until he is 6.

One of my most favorite things about Zach is that he laughs hard and loud when watching movies. Watching Despicable Me with him is hilarious. I dare you to watch it with him and keep a straight face. His happiness is infectious.

Zach's actual birthday consisted of waffles for breakfast, peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, and macaroni & cheese for dinner - a totally gourmet spread. He brought cupcakes to preschool and we had our annual Movie on the Lawn.

On Saturday, Zach had his party!! It was such a big day, I even weeded my yard. The party was robot-themed.

Each kid got a robot mask.
And of course, no robot party is complete without a Robot Freeze Dance. Brandon was in charge of the music in which Mr. Roboto played a heavy role. I was pretty impressed with the robot moves.
We had a little robot laser shooting in which the kids shot a robot with marshmallows. The kids loved this! Halle enjoyed picking the used marshmallows off the ground and eating them.
The robot pinata we named Wall-E (I know, we're not very creative with names).
Patiently waiting for candy from Wall-E.
Zach opening presents.
The robot group!!
Blowing out the candles on his birthday cake - to another wonderful year! Don't you love how Zach's two buddies are helping with the blowing!?!
Oh man, how I love this kid!