Bottom: Brandon, Greg, Chelle, Dad, Trisha
This was supposed to be our "good" picture. Greg's doing his best sweetheart pose while Brandon flashes hippy signs. I guess that's the best we can do.
Anyone who knows me, knows I love my family. I love my sweet, little immediate family. I love my sisters, my brother, their spouses, my parents, my nieces, nephews. I loved adding Brandon's family into the mix. The more family, the better.
That's probably one of the reasons I love Christmas so much. I love being smushed into one house. I love eating my mom's food. I love talking late into the night with my sisters. I love playing games. I love totally being myself, no restrictions. I love waking up, knowing there will always someone to talk to. I love watching the family interact with my kids.
Some of my favorite memories from Christmas this year:
- Watching Halle and Zach love Prissy (Kim's dog) to death and Prissy ignoring them whenever she had the chance.
- Uncle Greg leaving the Adult Table to give the nieces and nephews rounds of M&Ms during Christmas dinner.
- Halle being surrounded with tons of toys Christmas morning, but only being interested in her candy rocks and the boxes (she'd open her presents, exclaim, "BOX!", and then toss it aside before ever looking in them).
- Three prayers at Christmas dinner - one on the adult table and two more at the child table.
- Ben happily snuggling with Minnie, Pooh, and Halle.
- Mom laughing so hard about her "home run" joke and the rest of us joining in because she thought it was so funny.
- Greg wrapping up Zach as a burrito and then watching the burrito with legs walk around. I love this picture because it shows my mom just enjoying the moment.
- Playing laser tag during Family Fun Time and rolling on the ground while shooting. Then going home to find Halle in complete bliss with Grandma (and learning that Halle had to be contained in the kitchen so she wouldn't get in everything).
- Knowing that if you couldn't find Brandon, Ben, or Greg, they were playing a game.
- Zach playing Guess Who nonstop and always convincing Chelle to be his playing partner. She was always ready and willing.
- Cousins (and pudding)!!!
- Watching Dad try to hit a ball with a hanging bowling ball pin while playing Minute to Win It.
- Kim exemplifying the saying, "People are more important than things" by letting Zach play pool with us on her new pool table. I winced and gasped everytime he took a swing, but to her credit, she never said a word.
- Seeing the special moments that could only be caught with a camera...
- Zach's face when he saw his jeep. It was priceless. He wants to ride it everyday - even with the snow and cold. I've realized I'm at the low end of the totem pole because his jeep gets the coveted garage spot while my car is out in the cold.