Wednesday, October 14, 2009

6-month-old beauty

If you would have asked me a week after Halle was born if I thought I was going to make it, I would have told you no. But, lo and behold, months later, a happier Halle emerged. Now at 6 months, she is a happy, content baby. The doctor told me it would happen. I guess he's smarter than I thought.

Fun facts about Halle:
  • She has a spit-fire personality, as my grandma would say.
  • She loves food. She will eye anything she thinks she can eat and protest when she doesn't get it.
  • She is a mover. Never content to just sit, she always wants to be moving. After being held for awhile, she will wriggle free to play indepedently on the floor.
  • She has huge, curious eyes. You can tell she is just taking in everything she possibly can.
  • She squeals (loudly) when she is happy. While on the airplane, she found a friend and squealed endlessly as he smiled at her.
  • She LOVES attention. She likes to be smiled at, tickled, bounced, sung to, tossed, and loved to death. When proper attention is not paid, her sad cries let you know.
  • She digs her dad. Halle gives the best smiles to Brandon right after he gets home from work. When Brandon is around, Halle won't give her mom the time of day.
  • She kicks her legs when she is excited. When I carry her in a pack on my front side, I never worry if she is happy because her kicking legs let me know.
  • She admires Zach. Halle is happiest when Zach is around. She loves it when he sings the ABCs off-key, gives her kisses, and gives her toys to play with. Halle loves it best when she walks (assisted, obviously) around and follows Zach. These two are going to be best buds.
Here's to another wonderful 6 months!