skip to main |
skip to sidebar
martha stewart - I think not
I would have to say that I watch a bit of TV. You would think with the time I've invested, I would be learning something. I'm disappointed to say, this is not the case. I watch What Not to Wear and I still feel fine wearing sweats in public (though I no longer wear pajama pants - a small step's good, right?). I watch design shows and my house still bears the same white walls that we purchased it with. And even though I watch Ace of Cakes, I cannot decorate a cake to save my life. Really, how hard could cake decorating be!? So, when Zach's 2nd birthday rolled around, I planned on making him a cake and decorating it myself.
Below is my pathetic attempt at a car birthday cake:
It is looking very pink in the picture, but it was actually purple - the color picked by the birthday boy. After I was done, I couldn't stop laughing. Brandon told me it looked very car-like (like that's a real compliment) and started laughing with me. It was pathetic. At least Zach could tell what it was supposed to be and loved it just the same as if Martha Stewart had made it.